Today’s (Optional) Writing Prompt: What causes you anxiety? Not just stress but true anxiety. How does your body and mind generally deal with it? How do YOU deal with it?
Oh goodness, really? lol. Ok, well it’s not news to those close to me that I’ve struggled with anxiety for years, like 20 or so of them. I think it all started with my concern for the treatment of animals, the need/desire to want peace in the world, those kind of things. I used to take a ton of Bach Flowers Rescue Remedy and other natural anxiety relievers. It worked for a while. My symptoms were a severe struggle with breathing, heavy feeling on chest, I couldn’t swallow, breathe, felt like I’d choke, almost did a few times. I was brought to the emergency one night, checked for asthma, NOPE. Then to rule out anything physical I was sent to have my esophagus checked with a Barium Swallow, nice. And no, nothing wrong. Yep, all in my head, great! I caved about 5 years ago and began taking real drugs, I so didn’t want that to happen, but the panic attacks escalated to a level I could no longer control with breathing techniques. This is after over 10 years with alternative methods. I’ve since gone off and on twice and currently I’m off, have been for over a year and I’m ok. Things that bring on anxiety now? Well, I still want to save the world, lol, but really it’s stuff like past family issues that I’m still struggling with, learning to love & forgive, etc. Also having a to do list several lifetimes long and just this short time to get to them all, stuff like that.
This has been my Sunday 5 minute Stream of Consciousness.
Want to try it? Here are the rules…
* Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
* Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
* Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
* Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
* Link up your post at all.things.fadra.
* Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.