This is a test – first blog post from I-Pad with Blogsy.
My kids and I recently had a 2-night stay at Walt Disney World. Our family is super spoiled living only 1 1/2 hours away from the mouse. This trip we took without PFMan, he had been extra focused at work launching a new radio station. We put together a great homeschooling plan for our trip and we were excited. I was also hyper-aware of the need to be as green as possible while away.
How did we do it?
1. Packed reusable cutlery. I knew from previous stays that the studios we stay in only provide the rooms with plastic-wrapped, throw away cutlery and so do many of the counter service restaurants, so we brought our own and used it several times, no waste:-).
2. Brought our glass straws by strawesome with us too! We’re still in the process of remembering to have these with us for all outings, and to tell our server when ordering our beverages, they often rip them open and stick the plastic ones in the beverage if you don’t ask them to not bring a straw.
3. Packed reusable bags. We didn’t need them on this trip, but we often do and I always have extras with me.
4. Brought our refillable stainless water bottles so there was no need for buying plastic bottles of water.
5. Only used one of the three provided trash cans so that only one bag was used.
6. Didn’t use the provided shampoos, conditioners, etc. This reducing the demand & plastic trash.
We did use paper napkins so this is certainly an area to improve upon for our next trip! These things are small, if you must call them inconvienences, to be mindful while on vacation. I think the future of our planet is worth it:-).