A more peaceful existence.

by Tanya on April 17, 2013

Kids with a friend we visited in Maryland.

Kids with a friend we visited in Maryland.

It’s official, the kids are falling comfortably into the world of Un-schooling. Waking up around 10-10:30 after being up till after midnight. Our mornings are peaceful now, no rushing around getting dressed, breakfast and grabbing notebooks and homework to get out the door to be at school by too darn early.  We’re happily well into our 2nd year as an Un-schooling family and couldn’t love it more, the peace and ease of our days, how much more we’re connected now as a family not being torn away from each other for 7 hours a day, 5 days a week. No homework or reading requirements, it’s all done when the desire arises and without pressure or force. We have friends in many states, we travel as often as possible to have new and many experiences.  I love seeing them develop on their own schedule, not one regulated by the state. They’re not falling behind or bored by being ahead because they’re not on anyone’s level but their own, no pressure. They naturally learn about the things that their passions direct them towards, what a liberating feeling for them.  Truly has been the best thing for our family.

Peace.

Please share the LOVE:-)!

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Marianne April 17, 2013 at 12:15 pm

So we’ll stated! Love it.

Marianne April 17, 2013 at 12:16 pm

WELL stated! Darn auto-correct…

Venus April 17, 2013 at 12:39 pm

I love that our kids get to see their dad and actually spend time with him when he comes home from work. When they went to school sometimes five days would pass and they did not spend one moment with him. He worked late, they went to bed early. They woke up early, he woke up later due to his schedule. I really did not like waking them up for school because I knew they were tired. I knew their bodies would suffer from the lack of sleep. I am so happy to have met families like yours that understand and live life according to what is best for us not what society or government tells us is best. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Venus recently posted..Goodness We are Already in MarchMy Profile

Tanya August 12, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Thanks for sharing Venus:-). I agree this lifestyle really can help cozy up a family!

Shara April 17, 2013 at 9:58 pm

So inspiring! Thank you for sharing!! <3
Shara recently posted..Being a Mom during a tragic eventMy Profile

Latrecia May 5, 2013 at 6:38 pm

I couldn’t agree with you any more! I’m glad to hear other families are enjoying UN-schooling as much as we are! :-)
Latrecia recently posted..10 Goals For This WeekMy Profile