The Next Chapter – A Sharkey Journey

by Tanya on February 17, 2014

On the road again.

Colorado, September 2010

I’ve been putting this off. First it was because I wasn’t sure I could trust that it would really happen this time, I mean we started the discussion roughly four years ago. I remember the day. I was still working out of my photography studio in St. Petersburg and were there doing some clean-up around the exterior. The conversation about going to the Telluride Blues and Brews festival came up, not sure how. Anyway, this led to our desire to live out west, Colorado specifically, at the time. Between then and now there has been much discussion about PFMan leaving his longtime radio career and us moving out west, Colorado, Caliornia, but it never happened. You see, he loves his job, he’s been doing this since he was 15 and is lucky to love it! So when we discussed it again in late 2013 I believed he was ready, but still wondered. On January 9th of this year, he resigned. OMG, now it’s real.

He works until end of March and then….  Well, we have some of that figured out, home base is staying in FL and we’ll be leaving for a month in Italy come April and then heading across the USA for several months in the travel trailer we purchased in November.  Holy Moley!  Then? I’m sure the universe has plans that will unfold.

Please read from my husband’s perspective on resigning.

Peace!

Please share the LOVE:-)!

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Angela February 20, 2014 at 5:48 pm

So very excited to read about your journey (both the exciting rv trip, but also that internal one)!

Tanya April 6, 2014 at 6:19 am

Thank you Angela:). Hopefully our journey will align with yours soon! xoxo

Kimberly Kindle February 20, 2014 at 6:46 pm

T. I am so excited for your sweet family! And what Michael wrote! Bah! You guys are an inspiration and are about to embark on the Journey of a lifetime! THIS is what being a Family is all about! SO excited to read your adventures! LOVE YOU Sharkeys!

Tanya April 6, 2014 at 6:19 am

Love you Kimberly! Thanks so much for your love and support! xoxo

Kellie The Shoe Diva February 20, 2014 at 8:55 pm

Tanya I think you are going to have the time of your life. I wish I could pick up & leave like that. I say embrace the moment, let life unfold and know that many of us will be living vicariously through you :-)
Kellie The Shoe Diva recently posted..Zulily ReviewMy Profile

Tanya April 6, 2014 at 6:18 am

Thanks so much Kellie! xo

Jobi and Fisher February 22, 2014 at 5:43 am

I am so thrilled for you! The best dreams are made to be lived. We haven’t given up on “the road” yet, and I will love following your adventures.
Jobi and Fisher recently posted..Moving onMy Profile

Tanya April 6, 2014 at 6:18 am

Hi Jobi, never give up! Great to hear from you and much love to you and the family:)!